Reviewers have praised all of the items in our list of cool kitchen gadgets and have often purchased these items specifically as kitchen gifts. For the sake of convenience, cool kitchen gadgets are listed in order of increasing price and at the end there is a collection of best selling cookbooks that are filled with fast cooking recipes.
Cool Kitchen Gadgets
Hurry! Take advantage of these great deals:
1. A Progressive #LGK-3620 Stainless Steel Bash, Chop, and Scoop Cutter will speed-up slicing and dicing chores. Customers are often surprised at how useful the scoop cutter is – in fact, in many kitchens, the bash/chop/scoop cutter finds a permanent resting place on the cutting board or kitchen countertop. It is really handy for gathering chopped veggies and such. The bash part is good for garlic and ginger. Indispensable for bakers, it can be used for cutting and scooping dough or for lifting cookies from a baking sheet – any scraping and gathering task. It even has a measuring ruler! Durable stainless steel construction, it goes directly into the dishwasher when you are finished.
2. A quick breakfast is the order of the day with a Nordicware Eggs’n Muffin Breakfast Pan. Perfect for making a breakfast muffin – just scramble an egg in the breakfast pan, sprinkle on some cheese if you like, microwave it just a bit, and then add it to a toasted muffin and you have a quick and inexpensive breakfast. Some reviewers advise scrambling the egg in a bowl before adding to the breakfast pan, especially if you use jumbo eggs or if you want to do two eggs. Reviewers generally have their own preferences – some add cheese, meat, veggies, whatever. Meat of course must be cooked separately and added because the cooking time for meat is longer than for eggs. Reviewers rave about the convenience and claim that an egg and muffin prepared this way is not only cheaper; it is actually better tasting than one purchased at a fast food restaurant.
3. A simple idea that really works – Progressive International Magnetic Measuring Spoons. Never again will you have to search through your drawer to find the right measuring spoon. These spoons are double-ended. The narrower end is handy for removing stuff from small bottles. (Think about spice bottles.) Users appreciate not having a cumbersome ring attached to the spoons. Cool kitchen gadgets make great kitchen gifts!
4. A cute kitchen gadget that will make preparing strawberries simple and fast, the Chef’n 3.6-in. Gadgets StemGem Strawberry Stem Remover is a kitchen thing that you will love. Some users find that the StemGem also works well for cherry tomatoes. Others say that it actually works better than a commercial de-stemmer. No matter what, everyone adores the look – so cute!
5. Just like the measuring spoons, the Progressive International Magnetic Peeler Set will save you the time normally wasted searching for a peeler. Very attractive style.
6. The Progressive International Pizza Scissors is a cooking tool that really works! The scissors cuts through pizza with ease and actually does a better job than a pizza wheel. Most importantly, you never have to worry about scratching your pizza pans. When finished, simply take them apart and place them in the dishwasher.
7. Save wine and money with the Vacu Vin 5-pc. Concerto Wine Saver Gift Pack. Keeps unused wine fresh, just simply pump out the air until you hear the “clicking” sound. The Concerto is superior to the standard Vacu Vin models. A wonderful kitchen gift for wine lovers.
8. Save time and your fingers too! The Bagel Biter – The Original Bagel Guillotine Slicer is the best way to slice bagels. Slices a bagel neatly into two equal halves without any effort and at no risk to your fingers. The blade stays sharp even after years of use. Clever – a really cool kitchen gadget that is an essential kitchen item.
Buy now – get the best for less!
Best Selling Cookbooks – Great Kitchen Gifts
These are the best cookbooks ever and they make great kitchen gifts.
A Man, a Plan, a Can: 50 Great Guy Meals Even You Can Make by David Joachim is a fun cookbook that will be a valuable addition to anyone’s “cookbook collection” and is especially helpful for people who are just starting out.
Cooking Light: 5 Ingredient, 15 Minute Cookbook by the editors of Cooking Light magazine is more than just recipes – these are complete meals that are nutritious, fast, and inexpensive. Written by the folks at one of the most popular cooking magazines, it is part of a cookbook series that is dedicated to healthy eating.
Another book in a series is 30-Minute Meals by Rachael Ray. Long noted for her happy and snappy attitude towards cooking, Rachael Ray has become the symbol of fast, but interesting cooking.
And finally, one of the best cookbooks ever, The New York Times 60-Minute Gourmet by the late Pierre Franey (with an introduction by Craig Claiborne) makes French cooking both easy and fast. Franey’s approach to cooking was ahead of his time – simple and yet delightful – a timeless gift for the kitchen.
Cookbook Reviews – Best Cookbooks Ever
A Fun Cookbook
“A Man, a Can, a Plan: 50 Great Guy Meals Even You Can Make!” by David Joachim is a splendid book that is full of good recipes and good humor. Cardboard pages! Seriously! Actually, the cardboard pages make the cookbook easy to clean, just in case the favorite guy in your life spills something. But good cooks can enjoy this book too – in fact, people often buy it as a gift and then copy some of the recipes for their own use. One criticism is that eating out of a can is probably not the healthiest diet. However, this cookbook is a great way for a novice to start. And it is not just for men! We all know of young people, men and women alike, who as they say “Don’t know how to boil water.” This book is for them. Once they build up their confidence and get a little experience, they can progress to using more fresh vegetables and other raw ingredients – not just canned food. This fun cookbook is a great addition to everyone’s cookbook collection – experienced cooks will get some laughs and inexperienced cooks will find it to be an easy way to get started. Get two copies – one to give and one to keep!
Cooking Light Recipes
“Cooking Light: 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Cookbook” by the editors of Cooking Light magazine is a favorite cookbook, even for those who have an extensive cookbook collection. Users really appreciate the way this cookbook saves time. Occasionally, some of the recipes require a little more than 15 minutes, but what is a few minutes more? As one reviewer said ”I can cook these in the time it takes me to order for delivery!” So, in other words, you can save time, save money, and, most importantly, enjoy a healthier lifestyle. No more fast food drive-thrus! The layout of the cookbook is very appealing and customers really appreciate the color photos. Also, the seasonal and holiday themes are very helpful. Complete menus, including side dishes are laid out. Even better are the follow-on recipes for leftovers. Eating leftovers can be a great time-saver as well as a money-saver. That is, one can make a large recipe and then use parts of it for the following meal (save time and money). Another great convenience is the grocery list. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a little help in preparing a shopping list? How many times have you done a big shopping only to realize that a critical ingredient was forgotten? What a waste of time! Another time-saver is the crock pot recipes – these are recipes that you will use over and over. The recipes in this cookbook are great for people just starting out. Great ideas! Great food!
Rachel Ray 30 Minute Meals
Are you a Rachael Ray fan? If you are then you definitely will appreciate this book. The same is true if you are giving this cookbook to someone else. Are they a fan of the TV show? Reviewers are in two camps with this book. People who love the show will absolutely adore the cookbook. However, if you are a chef, then you probably will not like it. Some people say the book has helped them broaden their tastes by using a greater variety of herbs and spices. Those same folks will find the recipes to be very exciting. On the other hand, some of the more experienced cooks who reviewed the book found that the recipes were too bland. Without a doubt, the recipes are great for people who are short on time. Some reviewers believe that the next book in the series – 30 Minutes Meals 2 is better, but if you are a Rachael Ray fan, you will probably want both books. Actually, Rachael Ray has an abundance of books and a true fan will want to investigate (and maybe purchase) some of the others.
The New York Times 60 Minute Gourmet
Do you want true gourmet food that can be prepared in a short time – maybe not 30 minutes, but in 60 minutes? If so, then you should purchase this classic cookbook written by a French chef, the late Pierre Franey. French cooking made simple – and fast! In the experience of this writer, this is the most reliable collection of great tasting, but easy French recipes ever written. The perfect book for a beginner – someone who wants to develop his/her culinary skills, but who does not have the time to make extravagant, complicated recipes. Do you want to serve your dinner guests something special, but not too difficult to make? Do you want to eat fine French food, but do not want to dine out? Do you want to save money and eat superb food as well? If the answer is yes, then this is the cookbook for you. This book is Rachael Ray a la francaise!
Cool kitchen gadgets and best selling cookbooks - all are great kitchen gifts!
Best Selling Cookbooks from Amazon
Prices are accurate as of May 17, 2013 11:59 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.