Kitchen Stuff – Kitchen Canisters
All-Clad Kitchen Canisters are a great way to save money. Buy in bulk and store cooking supplies in air-tight cannisters. And better yet, this 3-piece set will be a stylish addition to the kitchen countertop. (See detailed product review at the bottom of the page.)
All-Clad 3-Piece Canister Storage Set
List of Kitchen Essentials
Best prices on the best rated!
A basic list of kitchen essentials would have several items. Based on numerous reviews, the following kitchen things are recommended:
1. Knives – One of the most basic cooking tools. The 3-Piece Chef’s Knife Set from Paula Deen has been highly rated by reviewers at both Wayfair and Amazon. Great quality and not very expensive.
2. Cutting board – The Architec 11×14 Original Gripper “The Gripper” Cutting Board, Orange/Light Orangehas received rave reviews. Not expensive and it is safe – it does not slip! Available in several colors.
3. Measuring cups and spoons – The Progressive GT-3520 International 19-Piece Measuring Cup and Spoon Set is a fabulous deal! More measuring cups and spoons than you will ever need and for a very low price. Use the extra bowls as prep bowls. For measuring hot liquids, a Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Clear with Red Measurements is the “old reliable.”
4. Mixing/serving bowl set – The Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set is a great value and the bowls are nice enough to be used as serving bowls. Of course, Pyrex bowls can go in the oven, microwave, freezer, dishwasher – anywhere!
5. Colander – Cheap, dishwasher-safe, and highly-rated, the Architec Preps Colander comes in two sizes and several colors. A cute style with a bottom that makes it more stable.
6. Pots and pans – The Cook N Home 15 Piece Non stick Aluminum Soft handle Cookware Setincludes plastic spoons and spatulas – all at a terrific price!
7. Casserole – A Rachael Ray 4.25-qt. Stoneware Casseroval, Blue is a kitchen bestseller that is available in a dazzling array of colors. They are so beautiful that you will want to use them as serving dishes.
8. Baking pan – not your usual flimsy baking pan, the Nordic Ware Cake Pan with Storage Lid, 9 by 13 Inch is sturdy, but not expensive. The cover is great for transporting cakes and other foods.
9. Baking sheet – The Nordic Ware Bakers Half Sheet, 13 by 18 by 1 Inch will not flex or warp in the oven. The lip makes the sheet stronger and helps keep things from sliding off.
No list of kitchen essentials is ever complete, but the foregoing basic kitchen things will meet most of the needs of the average cook. Please visit the other sections for more suggestions.
Remember – Get the best for less!